Whether it’s your sister who just graduated with her fine arts degree or your best friend who creates paintings for a living, gifting to an artist can be a little bit of a tricky business. There are so many art supplies, art classes, art everything out there that it can be hard to know where to even start. Hopefully this short gift guide can help you figure out the perfect gifts for the artist in your life!
- ArtSnacks Subscription: ArtSnacks will send your artist friend a box each month filled with unique art supplies to spark their creativity and encourage them to try something new. ArtSnacks ranges in price from $24 for a one month subscription to $240 for a yearly subscription. Either way, your artist friend will enjoy trying some new supplies and techniques!
- Art Journal: An Art Journal gives an artist a place to sketch out their ideas, practice new techniques, and keep all their thoughts in one place. I like this one from Strathmore that you can get at Michaels because it’s lightweight but has good quality paper that can stand up to pencil, charcoal, sketching sticks, soft pastel, oil pastel, marker, and pen and ink. There are tons of other journal options out there though like Moleskine or Canson.
- Brush Tip Markers: Whether you want to use them for coloring or lettering, these brush tip, dual-sided markers are incredible. Copic and Prismacolor both have some amazing options so shop around until you find the colors you want.
- Ikea Raskog Utility Cart: This cart is ideal for organizing art supplies, and for $30 you can’t beat the price! It’s small enough to fit in small studio spaces and it’s on casters to make it easy to move about with you.
- Paint Water Mugs: These are a super cute and funny gift for any painter, because we all know we’ve come a little too close to accidentally taking a sip of the paint water.
If you’re an artist, share with me what’s on your wishlist and if you’re gifting to an artist, let me know what you’re thinking about getting!